|Age At Sampling
|Centralized adenocarcinoma, no invasion of pleural
|NGS, IHC, RNAScope
|Male: 51 yrs old, 1 donor
Targeted Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), using Thermo Fisher’s Ion AmpliSeq panel, was performed to identify mutations and mutational hotspots in 35 well-characterized genes that are associated with oncology. These tissues are ideal for verification, genotyping, or identification of new mutational hotspots. Tissues found to not contain any mutational hotspots in a gene of interest may also be considered to be used as a negative control for assay performance.
The advantage of using BioChain’s CancerSeq AMS real tumor tissue versus genetically engineered tumor cell lines is that the tissues are far more representative of real clinical disease. Cancer cell lines or genetically altered cell lines have been used widely for in vitro tumor models, but these possess only a small proportion of the genetic variances seen in tumor tissues. Actual tumors generally carry multiple mutations instead of just one or two. Numerous studies have pointed out the striking genetic differences between cell lines and tumor samples by comparing microarrays, copy number changes, mutations, and mRNA expression profiles. We offer CancerSeq AMS pre-screened tissue as mounted sections or curls.
Please inquire for other options, such as whole block or extracted nucleic acids. The list of targeted genes is also included in each product’s data sheet
• Isolation of DNA with specific mutation profiles
• Validation of cancer marker mutation related drug candidates
• Companion diagnostic assay development
• Suitable for both IHC and in-situ hybridization assays
• Controls or verification for genotyping
• Cellular localization of tissue specific mRNA and protein expression
• Deep sequencing by NGS with high coverage
• FFPE curls or slides available (inquire for blocks)
• Documentation of the tissue donor’s clinical histories is available
• Information regarding tumor type is available
• Complete NGS sequencing data available
BioChain’s CancerSeq AMS pre-screened tissues come with detailed information regarding donor and cancer type, as well as NGS information such as chromosomal position, variant type (SNP or indel), alternate allele variations, quality score, depth of coverage, allele type, gene ID and more.