Production Associate Job Description
BioChain is the world leader in high quality processed bio-sample products and analysis services. We currently have an open position for a full time Production Associate. Please read the following responsibilities and requirements. If you feel you are qualified for this position, apply right away!
- Perform SOPs involving materials measurement, materials handling and inventory control, equipment operation, and record keeping necessary to manufacture product batches
- Routinely handle biological samples (e.g. tissues, blood, plasma, etc.) and extract various bio-molecule products (e.g. DNA, RNA, and proteins) from source material
- Generate bulk batches of magnetic beads for packaging into nucleic acid extraction kits
- Complete products as assigned in accordance with the production schedule
- Communicate manufacturing problems to management and the team as well as assist in identifying variables and offering resolutions
- Train and provide guidance to team members on techniques and processes
- BS or equivalent in biology, biochemistry, immunology, pathology or related fields
- At least two years of previous biological laboratory experience in an industrial setting
- Excellent communication, organization and problem-solving skills and an ability to work efficiently as part of a team
- Proven ability to consistently and accurately follow detailed instructions as well as to clearly communicate processes, timeliness and schedules
- Solid interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience in handling biological tissues and blood/plasma for nucleic acid extraction
- Experience in manufacturing and/or working knowledge of manufacturing-related products
Salary and Benefits
- Salary based on experience
- Medical and dental insurance
- Retirement plan (401K)
- Paid vacation and sick leave
Submit your resume via email. Please no phone calls.
We look forward to hearing from you!