Custom Tissue Section and Array
BioChain offers services for preparation of tissue sections of any species tissues in the client specifications. Tissues could be provided by BioChain or the customer. Tissue sections are prepared in RNase- and DNase-free environment and are suitable for many kinds of analyses, such as in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry, PCR, and NGS.
Tissue Sectioning service (Paraffin and frozen sections):
- FFPE - Sectioning tissue blocks at any thickness.
- Mounting sections on positively charged slides or slides treated for enhancement of adhesion.
- Fresh harvesting tissues
- Perifusion of model animals (rats, mice, etc.): with fixative and harvest tissues for processing.
- Fixation of tissues: in a client specified fixative.
- Processing and embedding tissues: either in paraffin or O.C.T. for frozen tissues.
Tissue Microarray (TMA) Sectioning service (Paraffin and frozen sections):
- Similarly to the tissue sectioning, TMAs are prepared according to client’s requirements.
Cell Sectioning service (paraffin and frozen sections):
- We can culture and collect cells from culture plates, or the processed cell pellet can be shipped to us in tubes/vials (frozen or fixed), depending on the scope of the project.
- Fixation of cells in any fixative requested by clients and optimizing fixation time.
- Inclusion of cell pellet in Histogel (if requested) before embedding in paraffin or frozen blocks.
- Processing and embedding cell pellet in paraffin or in O.C.T. similar as for tissues.
- Sectioning cell pellet at any thickness and then mount the sections on positively charged slides.